Terms & Conditions
Sinai Health Foundation lends support to advance the patient care, teaching and research initiatives at Sinai Health System, comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute. Sinai Health Foundation invites and welcomes special events and/or virtual initiatives organized and sponsored by individuals, corporations and organizations (“Event organizer(s)”) on its behalf.
In accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines and for the benefit of Sinai Health Foundation and the event organizer(s), Sinai Health Foundation has outlined the following policies, criteria, and guidelines below.
The organization/individual(s) organizing the event agrees to:
- Maintain a positive and professional image at all stages of the event and initiative planning process and give Sinai Health System and Sinai Health Foundation positive exposure and increased awareness.
- Ensure benefits are directed to Sinai Health System.
- Use its’ own mailing list for the event.
Sinai Health Foundation reserves the right to:
- Refuse involvement and the use of its name and logo; in any event that does not meet its approval.
- Withdraw agreement by giving the event organizer(s) a 24 hour notice with no financial and/or collateral obligations that may result from such cancellation.
- Sinai Health Foundation will not assume any legal and/or financial liability associated with your event.
- Sinai Health Foundation will not be named in, or sign contracts on behalf of the event organizer(s) nor will a contract be signed or obligations be made on behalf of the Foundation without the Foundation’s approval and written consent. All contracts should be viewed by the Foundation before signing.
- Event organizer(s) will submit net proceeds from the event together with all related financial reports including a complete list of event expenses and revenues within 60 days of the event. Sinai Health Foundation retains the right to verify the financial reports.
- Event organizer(s) will provide Sinai Health Foundation with a week’s notice if the event is cancelled.
- Any sporting events require all participants to sign waiver forms waiving any physical, personal, and or financial liability.
- Sinai Health System and Sinai Health Foundation hold firmly to Ontario legislation which requires no tolerance for harassment and violence. While violence is generally understood, harassment is behavior that is unwelcome, demeaning, hurtful or intimidating, including demeaning remarks, and jokes, displays of racist or sexually suggestive materials, bullying, inappropriate sexual advances, yelling and swearing.
- All third party events and/or initiatives that benefit Sinai Health System and Sinai Health Foundation will be held to the same standard of no tolerance for harassment and violence.
- Any confirmation of such behaviours will result in the removal of all Sinai Health System brands, marks and identification generally and a discontinuance of the relationship between Sinai Health Foundation and the third party fundraisers. Monies raised at an event which is shown to have included harassment and/or violence will not be accepted by Sinai Health Foundation and receipts will not be issued to the donors.
- Sinai Health is committed to following all rules and regulations regarding tax receipts set out by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This is imperative to protecting our charitable status. Please note that CRA guidelines can change from time to time.
- Sinai Health Foundation will advise event organizer(s) about Canada Customs and Revenue Agency regulations regarding tax receipting.
- Sinai Health Foundation will provide tax receipts to all event participants as long as appropriate and accurate information is given such as full name of participant, donation amount and complete address as per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Gifts on our peer to peer platform will be automatically receipted.
- Sinai Health Foundation will not underwrite any events.
4.Use of Logo & Name and Promotion
- Sinai Health Foundation will allow the use of the Sinai Health Foundation ‘In Support of Sinai Health’ logo and name in communications to the public and media to promote agreed upon event. Any use of the Sinai Health Foundation logo and name must be approved, in writing, prior to its use.
- Sinai Health Foundation will have final approval of any promotional material created for the agreed upon event.
- Sinai Health Foundation will not provide nor give out its mailing and/or donor list to event organizer(s) or mail out promotional material to Sinai Health Foundation donor database on behalf of the agreed upon event and/or virtual initiative.
- Sinai Health Foundation will not cover insurance for events and/or virtual initiatives.
Licenses and Fees
- Any event involving licenses and fees will conform to government regulations. Sinai Health Foundation will not fill out applications for license/permits the event may require but will assist in the coordination. The event organizer(s) is required to provide copies of licenses and/or permits upon request.
- Event organizer(s) will pay the fees for required license and/or permit.
Sinai Health is unable to provide
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses. Event expenses should be deducted from event revenue
- Assistance with ticket sales, securing corporate sponsorships or donations
- Insurance coverage for events
- Assistance with media coverage
- Prizes, auction items or awards
- Guaranteed attendance of staff or volunteers
- Assistance in applying for a special occasion permit from the LCBO (to serve alcohol at a non-licensed venue)
- Assistance in applying for gaming licenses from the City of Toronto
Thank you for your support!
Charitable Registration No. 11904 8106 RR0001
Sinai Health Foundation T 416-586-8203 F 416-586-8639